Free China Business Guides
I put all my China business guides together here to make it easier for you.
Your Opportunity in China’s Booming Cross-border eCommerce Market
– Create your own step by step China market entry strategy.
– Understand the history, evolution and current situation of import eCommerce in China.
– Find out who are the major players in the market and who might be your potential partners.
– Discover the needs and wants of Chinese cross-border consumers and understand their behaviors.
– Localize your web store and turn Chinese visitors into real buyers. Read More…
Ten Steps to Build Your Successful Website for the China Market
Step 1. Register Your Domain Name
Step 2. Set Up Your Email Server
Step 3. Where to Put Your Website: Web Hosting
Step 4. Easy to Build: CMS and Shopping Cart
Step 5. Get A Great Web Design
Step 6. Make Your Web Content Attractive
Step 7. Define Your Functions and Develop Them
Step 8. Test Your Website
Step 9. Chinese Localization Check
Step 10. Track, Analyze, and Optimize
Looking to start a business in China but not sure what niche is suitable for you?
Read this guide today and you will find a perfect and profitable niche market in China.
I will show you how to choose the right niche in China and what risks you should minimize.
– Secret to My China Consulting Business
– Understand Market Trends in China
– No One Can Succeed without a Strategy
– Most Profitable Business Opportunities in China for Foreigners
– Many Startups are Wrong From the Very Beginning
– 7-Step Formula to Uncover Your Profitable Niche Market in China
I prepared a short list of potentially profitable business opportunities in China for foreigners in the coming years.
You can take it as a reference in choosing your own niche markets.
1. Online Shops, Trading Platforms
2. Online Business / Services
3. Import and Export
6. Cosmetics, Skincare
10. Food / Wine
Here are some tips to start your business in China
1. Strategy First
2. Pick Your Location
3. Determine The Legal Structure
4. Find A Chinese Partner, or more
5. Work With Advisors
6. Develop A Business Plan
7. Choose A Perfect Name
8. Register Your Business In China
9. Open Your Bank Account
10. Hire Your First Employee In China
11. Build Chinese Website That Can Sell
12. Get Your Products To the Market
China city tier system is the first thing to understand before deciding your China market entry strategy.
Unbalanced China Market
China City Tiers Matter
Lacking Standardized Criteria
Prioritize Your Target China Cities
When launching a Chinese website, you can often forget a number of things in your eagerness to make it live.
This blog reviews the most important and necessary checks that a typical Chinese website should be checked against before the official launch.
This check list will be helpful for you to avoid unnecessary costs and some common mistakes, esp. when you do not have much knowledge about Chinese market and the internet situation.
The goal of my 7-Step Formula is to help you answer this question:
Is this MY PROFITABLE market?
Step 1. Ideas: Describe your niche as specific as possible.
Step 2. Needs: Are there real problems and people want to solve?
Step 3. Money: Will people pay for this? How much will they pay? How Big is the Market?
Step 4. Feasibility: Is this opportunity suitable for you?
Step 5. Strength: Are you confident to be the no. 1 in this niche market? How?
Step 6. Client: Find your first client.
Step 7. Optimization: Confirm your market and adjust.
I am sharing some insights on the market trends in China and you might sense some new opportunities.
The Rise of Chinese Middle Class
Chinese Millennials: Divided Generation
Looking For a Better Life
Buying Everything Online, Home and Abroad
Challenges for Traditional Chinese Companies
Rise of Startups and Freelancers
Government Still Plays an Important Role
Selling to the rapidly expanding market in China is a great opportunity for most global businesses.
While many business owners may be very excited by the market potential in China, it’s very difficult for them to start with the strategy and establish distribution channels in the Chinese market.
Step One: Identify the Market
Step Two:Understand Regulations
Step Three: Develop Marketing Strategy
Step Four: Local Team and Partnership
Step Five: Criteria and Qualify Distributors
Step Six: Sponsorship and Sales
Step Seven: Maintain the Relationship
Get A Real Chinese Name
Dinner at Home
Here are some tips for you concerning Chinese cross border freelancers.
Far Less Cross-border Freelancers
Good English Charges More, But Worth It
Good English Does Not Mean Good Capability
Be Careful: Many Chinese Translators
Find Local Freelancers from the Right Place!
Monthly or Pay as You Go
Phone Call Test
Where to look for?
Rule 10: Use the Right Chinese Language
Rule 9: Write for your Chinese Customers, Not Yourself.
Rule 8: Provide All the Information Your Chinese Customers Care
Rule 7: Straightforward and Conversational
Rule 6: Provide Benefits and Unique Propositions
Rule 5: Use Real Pictures
Rule 4: Capture the Leads
Rule 3: Keep Your Content Fresh
Rule 2: Search Engine Friendly
Rule 1: Localize Your Web Copy to Adapt to the China Market
Please let me know what you want to know further and I will update this guide.
WeChat : Chinese most popular mobile app
Start from a Right WeChat Marketing Strategy
Set Up Your WeChat Official Account
Write Content for Your Customers
Boost Your Chinese Followers
Talk to Your Followers
Test And Improve
China Search Engine Landscape
Baidu Search Engine Landscaped
Baidu Advertisements Products
– Baidu Paid Search
– Baidu Brand Zone
– Baidu Content
– Cooperation Structure
Official Company Registration Document
As an example, the Companies House is an acceptable Government Office.
The certification must include these information:
– Name & Registered Office
– Company Number
Chinese Translation of Said Document (SinoStep will provide translation service)
A WFOE in China is a 100% wholly foreign-owned enterprise doing business in China.
The foreign company has sole responsibility for its profits and Losses. It is required to register as a legal person who is restricted to certain businesses.
The enterprise is able to implement strategies that effectively conform to the interests of the parent company aboard. Moreover, technology and know-how are given better protection.
As one of the most important world expert powerhouse, China is the target for many companies around the world, whether giant multinationals or small to medium companies, to source products.
I’d been working with many clients in the past ten years to help them source and coach them with a better approach in their China sourcing activities. There are many interesting stories and I am sure these always happen when two different cultures meet.
I’d like to share some tips and welcome your feedback.
- How to Build A Right Chinese Website That Works in China
- Ultimate Guide to Finding Your Profitable Niche in China
- Most Profitable Business Opportunities in China for Foreigners
- Sample of “Sell Online to China” (PDF) (see Intro of Sell Online to China)
- How to Start Your Business in China
- All You Need to Know about China City Tiers
- Chinese Website Launch Checklist
- 7-Step Formula to Uncover Your Profitable Niche Market in China
- Understanding Market Trends in China
BD & Sales
- How to Establish Your China Distribution Network Effectively
- Chinese Business Etiquette 101 for Doing Business in China
- How to Hire Your Chinese Virtual Assistants
- Baidu’s 100 Ranking Factors – A Complete China SEO Guide
- Chinese Digital Marketing Tools
- Introduction to Baidu Advertisements Products (PDF)
- How to Open a Baidu PPC Account for Foreign Clients (PDF)